Sales/Promotions Internship Program-The following positions are available within the sales department representing all 4 radio stations, KAGG-FM, KKYS-FM, KNFX-FM and KISS-FM. Intern will assist the sales department with confirmation and reconciling sales orders, researching discrepancies, proofreading copy and attending station events. Students will learn about promotional issues and will gain knowledge and insight into selling and promoting radio advertising. Interns will be given the opportunity to attend promotional events and assist with coordinating such events.
Prospective candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited school majoring within a certificate or degree-seeking program or be associated with an accredited internship- mentorship program. Interns must be in good academic standing.
Reach out to Clear Channel Bryan via https://careerchannel.silkroad.com/ or email@example.com Please attach your cover letter and resume outlining the station(s) and department(s) at which you would prefer to intern. In your cover letter please include your internship goals and desired accomplishments, your strengths, both academically and within your community and your long-term career goals.
There are 2 internship positions available for the spring semester 2014, beginning January 21st ending on May 2nd.
KKYS PROGRAM DIRECTOR/ON AIR TALENT - BRYAN, TEXAS
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
Here at Clear Channel Media + Entertainment are some of the top and finest On Air Personalities. Join the ranks of some of the most talented personalities in the entertainment business and do what you love in one of the best media companies in the world.
· Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, Clear Channel Communications, Inc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws.
· Adequate preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
· Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience
· Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
· Must be current with relevant daily material
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
· Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
· Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
· Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
· Participate in regular listening/aircheck sessions for critique with the Program Director.
· Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
· Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events
· Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
· Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
· Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non paid, spots required to run on the station.
· Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public.
· Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
· Direct and monitor stations programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
· Plan and oversee all on-air programming and production.
· Approve all commercial and paid programming content.
· Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions and image campaigns.
· Evaluate programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
· Assume full responsibility of station Programming Department
· Develop and coach on-air staff.
· Audition and hire on-air talent.
· Monitor and evaluate music selected for the station.
· Schedule staff for on-air shifts, remotes and appearances.
· Prepare and maintain budget for Programming Department.
· Three years of on-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air
· Familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
· Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
· Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude
· Applicant must be engaging on the air
· Applicant must provide compelling content on the air
· Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
· Valid drivers license.
· Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.
***PLEASE ATTACH YOUR AIRCHECK IN MP3 FILE FORMAT***
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
BRYAN, Texas, United States
Clear Channel of Bryan/College Station,
NO CALLS PLEASE!
Clear Channel Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
Clear Channel Website
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for Clear Channel , please provide Clear Channel with the name, mailing address, email address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified to the following person at Clear Channel Radio:
Clear Channel Communications | Human Resources
1716 Briarcrest Drive Suite 150 Bryan, Texas 77802
It is the policy of Clear Channel to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions. Clear Channel Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our creativity and productivity are best when we bring together people of all backgrounds and ethnicities. Therefore, Clear Channel strongly encourages men and women of all races and backgrounds to apply for positions for which they are qualified.